Sunday, April 21, 2019

Ad's Everywhere: Reflection of PBS Frontline's "The Persuaders"

          As a kid and still to this day, I see ads almost everywhere I go to. It can be a five minute drive to the store and I will see ads on bus stops, benches, cars, billboards and so much more in between. As a kid, I remember all of the different ads that I would see on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon and now that I think about it, none of the products from back then are still produced to this day. This helps show the advancement and evolution in advertising presented by PBS Frontline's "The Persuaders".

          "The Persuaders' describes our current world as one that is open to these new advertisement schemes that are promoted by various business groups. This has caused the world to have ads basically everywhere which leads to us buying more than we really need at some points. With is much around us, we as humans have accepted it as a daily part of our lives.

          Businesses have gone to the point where they will even put promotions on major franchises like NBA teams where they recently put ads on NBA jerseys, something that has never been done before in major sports inside of the United States. This puts promotions on the frontline since they will now always be seen outside of commercials and will remain on regulate T.V. so they will always be seen.

          In the end, "The Persuader's" shows us the shift in our society and how we are now more accustom to advertisements more than we were ever before.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you use the changes in the NBA with the implementing of more ads within the jerseys themselves as an example of how ads have expanded into the world. I also like how you talk about how ads have expanded out into the world and become more prominent in society, but I would ask how have ads in their makeup evolved over time to establish themselves as different from the competition and appeal to the most viewers possible?

    ReplyDelete

Media Blog Reflection

          Well it has been a quick past few months and these media blogs have been pretty helpful for me. When I started writing them I was ...