Thursday, May 30, 2019

Media Blog Reflection

          Well it has been a quick past few months and these media blogs have been pretty helpful for me. When I started writing them I was a bit confused since it just felt like something I could just do during school but it really didn't turn out to be like that. It turned out to be something I enjoyed doing every week because I was able to look into new ideas and reports which opened up my mind even more than the class already did itself.
          The first few blogs started out as pretty iffy in my opinion. I felt like they weren't as in depth as I would of preferred now a days. The time it took me to write them lasted about 15-20 minutes which isn't too bad but I have definitely progressed in that aspect as time has gone by. I now do it for around 30 minutes which is a nice step up from before. Another thing I have improved on is the topics that I have chosen. In the beginning I feel like I sort of breezed through them and didn't give them much thought but now, I really feel like I improved my thinking so I could get the best topic possible. When I did blogs on the documentaries that we watched, I also think that they helped with my critical thinking a lot more than I thought it would. I feel like they opened my mind up to so many more subjects so I could look at even more aspects of the ideas that were presented and all of the alternate views that could be taken on them, even the relationship aspect where I could relate myself and others I know to it.
          An overview of the experience that it has given me has been nothing but special in my opinion. I feel that media blogs can be a really important aspect in a Critical Thinking student's life. It really does help open the mind so it can dig deeper into seemingly simple subjects. I think I have grown by writing them and I think it is something that others can grow through as well to get the best possible education inside of the Critical Thinking class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Media Blog Reflection

          Well it has been a quick past few months and these media blogs have been pretty helpful for me. When I started writing them I was ...