Thursday, April 11, 2019

My Relationship With Media: Attachment to Tech and Media

          My relationship with media has usually always been off the walls. As a teen in this day and age, it seems like media is never to far out of reach. It can come in all different shapes and sizes but I make the effort to look at it every single day and usually every hour that I am awake. To start this first blog, I am going to give a summary of my day so you can see how attached I really am since I like to immerse myself with different ideas and facts.

          In the morning right when I get up at 5:45, I look over at my phone to see who texted me at night and then I will proceed to text them back. It's usually Kennedy, my girlfriend, definitely not the high school :), or all of the group chats I am in so it brings a smile to my face when I eventually roll out of bed. After my shower I get some breakfast and when I sit down, I open up Youtube or Netflix on my phone so I can have some entertainment and then I look at this one mirror we have that is perfectly lined up so I can see the T.V. and from there I can see what's on KCRA 3. It is sort of an overwhelming amount of tech to have in the morning but I live with it perfectly. After breakfast I hop on my bed and scroll through Instagram for a solid twenty minutes before I leave for school. On Instagram I usually view sports and news and my friends profiles are also plopped in there as well. On the road to school I listen to music through my phone while I can also hear the news on the radio from what my mom listens to. Then I arrive at school.

         At school I am still connected to media despite my classes since I listen to music and always scroll through my phone during the day so I get a pretty solid intake of information aside from the education that I get in the classroom.

         When I get home from track, the media begins to die down for the night. After my shower and dinner are done I do my homework and once that usually takes a while. During this time I just listen to music and have a sports game behind me on the T.V. so I can always look over my shoulder if I really need to. Overall, pretty simple school night.

          When I look at what I do on a regular basis, I think that I can cut a few things out so I can have more time to rest. I'm always doing something because I hate to sit around and do nothing since it feels like I have accomplished nothing at all. If I didn't look at as much tech and media I feel like the day would go by quicker but for now, I really like how it is going.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Media Blog Reflection

          Well it has been a quick past few months and these media blogs have been pretty helpful for me. When I started writing them I was ...